Among its most representative countless acts include:
- The Proclamation of the Queen and her Honor Court.
- The popular Night of the “Zurra” (Wine with fruits).
- The treading of the grapes.
- The Night of the Peasant.
- Night tribute to the Past parties.
- The day of the absent Requena people.
- The night of the wine.
- The offering to the Virgin of Sorrows.
- The Grand Parade down the street Avenida del Arrabal.
- The burning of the monuments to wine.
But during the five holidays, you can see on our streets Commissions Harvest Festival, which wearing their traditional costumes and accompanied by their respective bands, will travel throughout the city and especially the streets and mesons decorated, filling with light and color all the town of Requena.
We can not forget the “Racimos”, our individuals teams, who organize a full program of complementary activities of the official program aimed at younger audiences, night after night, their area of tents in which you can dance with the orchestras, rock bands, mobile disco, and DJ sessions.
As Valencian people, although with Castilian roots, we can not forget the powder, so we can see “Mascletás” and fireworks that will flood our sky and colorful sound.
All this and much more is the Harvest Festival of Requena, of course it is not the same tell it or to experience it. It is also a good opportunity to meet Requena, its historic and artistic center, its modern area or take a tour of their cellars, and also, of course, drink our wines accompanied by our sausages or other typical dishes such as morteruelo, ajo arriero, and the “Bollo de Magras”.
Come to Requena this week and you’ll not regret.